Why is health such a big issue? Because people are not healthy; we don’t feel good and it stops us from living the way we’d really like to.
I’ve been doing some work recently for a company that makes a health product, so health improvements are on my mind. But health has always been a big issue in my life. I’ve been on a lifelong path of creating wellness.
How differently would you live if you were able to maintain optimum health and feel good all the time?
I subscribe to a few health related online newsletters and one of them is Chopra’s. He’s offering a new series called Radical Wellness and I got my title for this post from the tagline. But I’m sorry to say Mr. Chopra, that I don’t have time to delve into this new series that will save my life. You see, living in this world is very time demanding, energy demanding, focus demanding and I just can’t find the time, energy and focus to put toward revolutionizing my health through Chopra’s new series!
#1 Health Wrecker
Stress is the #1 health wrecker and the #1 cause of stress is either money or relationships. Money and relationships represent security, comfort, fulfillment and happiness. What else do you want in life? To love and be loved and to live comfortably. Isn’t that what everyone strives for?
And then there is purpose and passion, to do what you were designed to do, what calls you from within. But if you are stressed out because of money or relationships you probably can’t hear that inner calling. Even if you know what your purpose is, even if you are pursuing your passion, you can’t get away from the demands and stress that revolve around money and relationships.
The people selling you their own “wellness” line of goods would like you to believe that “if you do what you love, everything else will fall into place and you’ll become healthy, wealthy and wise.” As if you are doing something wrong and you need to get it “right”.
I’m a straight shooter and I’m not doing this to make money, so I’m going to tell it like it is. If you do what you love you might be successful and you might not. You will have stress regardless of what you do.
From the inside to the outside and back again
So here are the strategies I’ve employed for revolutionizing my health and wellness:
- Thoughts about moving to another planet – oh, that would cost way too much and take too long, plus there is no guarantee it will be better there.
- Okay, move to another country – I’ve been working on that, but it also costs a lot and is taking a long time, and although I’m hopeful that it will be better, there are still no guarantees.
- Don’t move, just appreciate everything right here and now – I’ve been doing that too and it reduces stress to a certain degree, but maintaining the here and now is quite stressful and demanding, even on a very meager budget and with good relationships.
- Win the lottery – never tried that because I expect I would just lose a lot of money and wast a lot of time.
- Meditate – I do that every day, imagine what a basket case I would be if I didn’t.
- Find time for hobbies – when I get really stressed I turn to my hobbies, otherwise it’s just the daily grind.
- Eat right – been doing that all my life in one way or another.
- Exercise – I try, I really do, but sometimes it just adds to my stress.
- Live small & simplify – I do this too, we’re down to one car. To get any simpler and smaller I would have to move, which is the reason for #2.
- Pray – been doing that my whole life too.
- Follow my passion, my calling – yes, I’ve done that my whole life in one way or another. I have manifested my passion in many ways because I have felt called to do many things.
- Visualize health and wellness – oh yes, in my mind I am a goddess.
- Create good relationships, get involved in community – been doing that my whole life but it’s actually a lot less stressful to live alone and ignore everyone else’s problems.
- Believe that all is well in my world – fantasy land is fun for awhile.
- Find the right “belief” – yeah, been there. It’s not about theology, it’s about heart.
Did I miss anything here? Don’t get me wrong, it’s all good stuff, but the reality is; life is stressful. We deal with it, we find ways to cope, it forces us to dig deeper and find solutions. I think it’s meant to be that way.
An Ideal World is How “I” Deal With the World
Imagine if we never had any problems and we were handed everything on a silver platter, nothing to worry about and nothing to change. Nothing to strive for or improve – not even our own body needing any improvements. Imagine having all power and capabilities, limitless energy and health, loving relationships and endless money! What would you do?
Before your imagination runs wild, consider this one possibility. If you knew that you were capable of anything and so was everyone else, and there was nothing to prove, improve, strive for or accomplish – would you have the motivation to do anything at all?
Stress: it’s an essential part of life that we each have to find our own way to manage, drawing on inner resources while forging our outer path.
2 thoughts on “How to Revolutionize Your Health”
Stress is certainly something I can do without. This piece was quite enjoyable!
Thanks, I’m glad you like it.