One year, so long but so short. Where did it go? What did I do? How do I feel about it?These are the questions I ask myself at the end of a year. What was my life like in 2011?
- I took some classes and learned new skills.
- My unemployment ended, and so the job search increased.
- I’m still looking for employment although I’ve been doing sub-contracted work.
- My son graduated from college and moved back home, works part time while looking for permanent work in his field of study.
- I started blogging, then I created 5 or 6 blogs for others.
- It was hard to get our schedules together but we managed one family day trip during the summer.
- My younger son started studying Culinary Arts & video production at the tech. school as well as doing home school.
- I’ve been learning a lot through blogging and reading blogs.
- I’m grateful for the support and friendship of other bloggers.
- My daughter did a summer internship and went on a mini-term trip after Thanksgiving, and is now returning to college, so she has not been home much this year.
- My health is declining due to stress.
- My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- My brother and husband are suffering from severe financial stress due to the economy.
- I used my free time to do a few creative projects I had wanted to do for a long time.
- I’ve started some part time work helping to write a book.
My motto is create a beautiful life no matter what, so I have to keep plugging away regardless of the stress and changes that are coming. Regardless of the pain and sorrow of loss, there is always something new around the corner. I’m looking forward to new possibilities, so here are some
New Year’s Resolutions I’ve made:
- To explore new writing possibilities.
- To explore new work & financial solutions.
- To get out of the house more.
- To enjoy and appreciate the small things every day.