The kids are grown and life is changing so this has caused me to think about how I will be spending the next 20 or 30 years. Of course someday I hope to be a grandmother and I’m sure that will become a favorite thing, but no one in our family is quite ready for that yet. I do still work and that keeps me busy, but I really would like to start doing some of my favorite things again – those things that got put on the back burner for awhile.
Being a mom is definitely one of my favorite things, but it’s not as fun as it used to be when the kids were little and full of wonder and awe. So I decided to make a list of things I would like to start to do again, and new things to try. It may seem strange, but I really had to think hard about the things I would like to do now, because I’m different than I used to be. Life has a way of changing us, for better or worse, but either way I want to keep living creatively, joyfully and lovingly in whatever way I can!
My Favorite Things List:
- Traveling – anywhere, often and by any means. I like to keep moving.
- Dancing – I’d like to take Ballroom dance lessons (I did it a very long time ago).
- Walking on the beach, maybe even sleeping on the beach.
- Scuba Diving & snorkeling, even just swimming in a warm ocean.
- More photography & digital art
- Collage – I used to love doing this.
- Making photo books or scrap books with all my photos.
- Sewing, I used to love to design clothes.
New Things To Try:
- New WII games & sports
- I would like to ride a camel and an elephant.
- I would like to go on some type of mission trip where I could contribute to making life better for others who have less resources.
- I would like to write a book.